This is a very cool company. Companies like it inspired this website, and have stoked the intrigue of insurance Technologist around the world. We may not be many, but we're a global bunch!
Everledger started with tracking diamonds on blockchain, a very cool pairing. Having tracked over 2 million diamonds to date, everledger is now tracking coloured gemstones, wine and high value art, and various other industries.
What they say about themselves on LinkedIn:
Founded in 2015, Everledger is a leading global enterprise that tracks the provenance of high-value assets on a global digital ledger.
Emerging technologies including blockchain, smart contracts, IoT and machine vision have been harnessed to create solutions for encrypting the immutable provenance of an asset through a distributed ledger platform. The core characteristics of blockchain technology combine with other technologies to form a hybrid model for innovative and effective solutions.
These technological solutions are developed and deployed to markets where provenance matters, providing stakeholders across supply chains with an immutable history of an asset’s authenticity, existence and ownership. This asserts transparency at every stage of the supply chain process which serves to mitigate global risk and fraud challenges faced by stakeholders such as insurance companies and banks.
Everledger started off with tracking diamonds on the blockchain. First, a unique set of data points is extracted from a diamond to create a digital thumbprint. It is then encrypted on the blockchain permanently, with each movement along the supply chain subsequently encrypted onto the same blockchain throughout its lifetime journey.
From there, a clear audit trail is provided, to be used by multiple parties throughout the supply chain to verify authenticity and identify chain of custody.
To date, Everledger has the provenance of over 2 million diamonds cryptographically-certified on the blockchain.
The Everledger solution has also been introduced into the world of coloured gemstones, fine wine and art, among other industries. It will continue to expand into industries where provenance and certification is paramount to authenticity and value.
Awards and Honors:
- Winner, Open Talent Competition: BBVA Europe 2015
- Winner, Innovation in FinTech: Meffy Award 2015
- Winner, Best in Show: FinTech Finals 2016
- Winner, Best Blockchain Company 2016 : European Financial Technology Awards
- Winner, Best Newcomer 2016: Asia Insurance Technology Awards Hosted by Celent
- Winner, Innovator of the Year- Penrose Award 2016: London Innovators
- Winner, Best B2B Startup, 2016 Digital Top 50 Awards: Presented by Google, Rocket Internet and McKinsey
- Winner, London Global Open Innovation Business Contest 5.0 2017: Presented by NTT Data
- 3rd Place in Smart Dubai's Global Blockchain Challenge
- Winner, Innovator of the Year 2018: Women in IT Awards